Monday, November 26, 2012

Class Roundup

First, a very big Thank You to all my customers and all of you out there in cyberspace for a fantastic year!  The text messages and phone calls I receive from you make all the hard work worthwhile.  I have some great ideas for this coming winter, spring and yes even next summer, so stay tuned.  Right now I am trying to finish up all the weekly classes and then spend some well deserved time off with my family.

Before I show off a few pictures of what we've been up to in some of the classes, I need to conduct a little business.  We are offering a class with Valerie Mullaly on 26 January, and already we have 10 participants.  If you are interested in taking this class please contact me asap since we will cut off the number at 12.  The course is all handwork and is €40 for the day and this price includes the kit.
Here are pictures of the two pieces that you can choose from on the day.


 Sew here we go onto the classes, just a small glimpse at what the women have been up to.  The beginners are finishing up their blocks so it will be another week or so before I have any pictures of their finished projects.

Here is the Monday morning group with a few of their Lone Star quilts or wall hangings:




Fabulous work, will get some photos next week at our last meeting.

The Wednesday morning group is finishing up their projects which were based on a project from the Kim Diehl book Simple Comforts.  These are going to be truly treasured and well they should be.

Ruth's almost complete top!  Gorgeous...

Betty won't let us photograph hers until she's done!!!


Brid's quilt in the adding vines stage
This project is something that I am thinking might be a great 4 part workshop for Intermediate quilters, an opportunity to do a project that you've always admired from afar but not quite sure if you would be up to the challenge on your own.  I'll be your very own motivation coach, sounds good don't ya think!!??

We are rearranging our class schedules for next term and already I have an almost full beginners class for January.  If you know of anyone interested in joining us please get in touch soon. There is always a warm welcome newcomers and our groups are very good at having loads of laughs.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was nearer!!! Jackie sent me a pic of her lone star, they all look fab!!

    ReplyDelete