Sunday, June 3, 2012

Free Motion Quilting Part II

My on going saga with my computer and uploading a video onto YouTube was finally fixed this week and with great excitement I uploaded my first tutorial and I am planning on doing more.  My only complaint is that I don't like the way I sound it seems so unnatural but then no one likes the way they sound on  tape.

Be careful not to have a mouthful of hot liquid in your mouth, you may not be able to contain the laughter!!
This is the tablerunner that you saw in the previous entry, and this is a very brief look at free motion quilting.  Keep in mind, and you can see my hands in the video, that you need to place your hands down on the fabric and gently spread the fabric tight.

Hope you enjoy!

Sew, what have I been up to lately.  Classes have finished up and everyone is off doing their quilting, a few have already come back to sew their bindings on.  A jelly roll weekend was great fun and everyone left with a finished top, Woohoo!!!!
We ate lunch outside and we were all sporting sunburns that evening.  I have made some design changes to my border and will hopefully have that completed this week.

The shop is still very busy even though we are all enjoying our gardens.  We have received Meadow by Blackbird Designs from Moda and I must say it is exquisite, beautiful rich blues, greens and roses. We will be ordering their next line Cinnamon and Spice which is due October/November.



Summer Beginner Classes:
I have received a few phone calls regarding a summer beginner class.  I am thinking of Monday evenings from 7-9 for 6 to 8 weeks starting around the first week of July.  If you or anyone you know is interested in learning the fundamentals of patchwork, we will be working on a bed runner with six 12 inch blocks, give us a call.

Until later, happy sewing!
Anne Marie

1 comment:

  1. Wish I coud come to the classes, just a *bit* too far. Hopefully I'll get to see you when I come over to Jackie's in August :-)

    ReplyDelete