Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Arrivals of the Woven Variety

We had some new arrivals this week! Before you roll your eyes and say dear God not another lamb post, the arrivals are of the woven variety!  Margot Languedoc of The Pattern Basket has designed her first line of fabric for Henry Glass & Co. and it is gorgeous.  Margot is Canadian and her blog is a favourite of mine, she always has such beautiful projects and her taste in fabrics mirrors mine.  If you pop over to her blog and see all the beautiful projects she has created with "Butterfields" you will see what I mean.
My pictures do not do this line of fabric justice, trust me.  A friend of mine and a lovely customer named Helen, made a beautiful table runner from a Heather Mulder Peterson pattern two years ago and I have decided that this is the perfect fabric to use in the same pattern. I will be diligently working away on it next week and enjoying every minute of it.  Helen tells me that she gets more comments on this tablerunner, it is a great size too.
This is made using a 60 degree triangle and 2 1/2" strips. I think the spring colours of Butterfields will be perfect for my dining room.  Note the charming disposition of my shop assistant, this was a year and a half ago and his enthusiasm for holding up objects for photos was not what he would call cool!!  He is now almost 6 foot tall and he will do anything for his mother, it was a phase. LOL

Shop hours for next week; Monday 9 April thru Friday 14 April, we will be open each day from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. 

 Feel free to come on by and see what we have, there is a lovely bargain table with fabrics reduced but they are rapidly disappearing.

Happy sewing!
Anne Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment