Monday, March 25, 2013

Never A Dull Moment

Do you know the phrase, "Never a dull moment"?  Well, that is a phrase that pretty much sums up my life everyday.  I have 6 classes this term and they are full up, several different levels of ability and many of the women travel long distances on a weekly basis.  The responsibility of keeping everyone motivated and progressing with their projects falls on my shoulders, I love my job but time does fly and my blog and facebook are not a priority -- my classes are!!  To give you an example, two lines of fabric came in over the past 4 weeks.  Two gorgeous lines of Moda fabrics, I haven't even finished the samples and the fabric is all gone!!! Time flies when your having fun.

Guess what else I've been doing!  We have a website and online shop, I have been loading fabrics onto our website at every opportunity.  I have many more to load so go and have a peak....I'll wait here for you!
www.kilboraquiltshoppe.com/  We have been sending out packages for our customers for quite some time, hopefully this will allow our customers to see what's new and place orders from the comfort of their own home.

I have loaded up some new classes and a few weekends for those of you interested in a fun and productive weekend away.  The Applique II class is all about spray starch applique, my favorite method, there are only a few spaces left so if you are interested please give us a call sooner rather than later!

This is another project that has been eating into my time!  All of those quilts are hanging on my new quilt frame and you can see my Pfaff Grand Quilter sitting there ready to rumble.  Sew much fun, sew little time. I have played on a large practice piece and then put an old UFO on the frame.  I wanted to see how difficult it would be to quilt a top which consisted of blocks, and boy was it difficult.  Thankfully I used a quilt that isn't going to be a show piece or heirloom, it will find a home with someone who isn't hung up on the quilting -- like a family member!

I decided not to give you a close up photo, too terrifying!

Now that classes are finishing up I will hopefully have more time to blog and share the comings and goings here at Kilbora.

Happy Sewing!
Anne Marie

2 comments:

  1. That's great, AM, should keep you out of trouble! I see J's quilt there waiting to be hung? Or waiting to be quilted? I'm coming for a play next time I'm over! But for now I'm off to the shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! Your business is growing by the minute. Best of luck to you with your classes and the other endeavors you are planning. Wish I could be there to take part.

    ReplyDelete